Last updated: May 31 2018.
At Artemis we take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy statement describes how we collect, use, protect and share personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you use our website (www.wedding-venues.co.uk) (the “Website”), and otherwise interact with us.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy statement, please see the contact details here .
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
ABOUT ARTEMIS AND THE ARTEMIS GROUP
The Artemis Group companies are described further below. This privacy statement applies to handling of personal data by each Artemis Group company ( “Artemis” / “we” / “our” / “us”).
The Artemis company within the Artemis Group to which you supplied your personal data will be your point of contact for data processing and marketing activities undertaken by it and, if applicable, any other member of the Artemis Group.
We explain below the role of the “data controller” which exists under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and how this could apply to the processing of your personal data by the Artemis Group.
This privacy statement does not apply to websites that you may be able to access via links, third party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on the Website, for example the Facebook “Like” buttons, and/or activities that are not run by us but by third parties.
We are not responsible for the policies and practices of these third parties. Any information you give to those organizations is dealt with under their privacy statement, terms and conditions, and other policies so please ensure that you review them.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA (INCLUDING WEDDING GUEST DATA)
The information we use about you falls into three categories: (a) data you give us; (b) data any member of the Artemis Group collects about you; and (c) data we collect from or are provided by third parties.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
Data you give us
- when you visit our venues;
- when you make an enquiry or a booking in person, on the Website, by phone or when visiting one of our venues;
- when you inform us of any dietary requirements you may have (for example, allergies or food intolerances);
- when you register for an account on the Website;
- by filling in a form on the Website;
- when you use the Website;
- when entering into a prize draw or competition;
- if you ask us to provide you with marketing communications such as newsletters or updates, or information about special events or promotions;
- if you ask us to keep in touch with you;
- if you ask us to provide you with personalized content such as targeted advertising;
- if you contact us or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) for any reason, for example, when making an enquiry about a venue; or
- when you provide us with comments, opinions and/or feedback about our venues, our food and our service.
Data we collect about you when you visit or use our Website
- technical information, including the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, your device and component serial numbers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems, mobile network information and platform and details of any referring website or application;
- and information about your visit to the Website including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response time, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Data other members of the Artemis Group collect about you. Any information you provide to a member of the Artemis Group will be shared with us (for example, when you attend one of our venues).
- Data we collect from or are provided with by third parties. We may be given information about you from third parties, such as third party websites who advertise our services, third party suppliers for your wedding, venues where we act as their agent, venues you visit after the arrangement of such visit by us, social media platforms or anyone making a reservation on your behalf to attend one of our venues. This also includes data relating to wedding guests, on which we have provided more detail below.
- Data relating to wedding guests. Where we are planning a wedding, we will be liaising with our client. Our client may give us information relating to wedding guests to help plan the day. This could include accessibility information, as well as dietary information. We process this information only at the request of our client. In collecting wedding guest information and providing it to us, our client will be the data controller and the relevant Artemis Group company will be the data processor.
We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media.
PERSONAL DATA NOT COVERED BY THIS STATEMENT
This privacy statement does not cover the processing of personal data in respect of candidates and prospective employees of the Artemis Group, who are subject to a separate recruitment Privacy Notice.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
|Purpose of Processing||Type of personal data||Legal basis for processing|
To process any visits or bookings for weddings where you are our client
Your name, postal address, email address, mobile number, any other contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide) and your reservation details including any wedding plans you may wish to tell us about
Performance of a contract and consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements of yours)
|To process any payments you make||Your name, bank details, credit card and/or debit card details||Performance of a contract|
|To manage our relationship with you, including:
||Your name, information about the issue raised, phone number and email address (if applicable)||Legitimate interest – to allow us to improve the overall customer experience with the Artemis Group|
|To process your registration to use our Website||Your username, email address, password and any other contact information||Performance of a contract|
|To send you our newsletter or update and to keep in touch with you||Your name and email address||Consent|
|To process your enquiry to visit a venue in advance of your wedding day||Your name, contact details and any other information about your plans for your wedding day that the venue need to know||Legitimate interest – to allow you to visit the venue, as requested by you|
|To tell you about our venues, or the venues we represent as agents where you have made an enquiry about such venue||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to provide you with information about a venue, as requested by you|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about our venues, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or survey||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide personalized online content to you (via the Website, social media platforms and our online partners)||The technical information mentioned above, your name and Contact details||Consent|
|To enable us to keep the Website safe and secure||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website|
|To compile reports (which do not personally identify you) about the use of the Website||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To ensure that the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To deliver relevant online content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To better understand our customers||The technical information mentioned above, location data and information about product choices etc||Legitimate interest – to allow us to prepare statistical information to be used internally to better understand our customers, but also to understand the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising|
|To enable us to share your personal data with other members of the Artemis Group||Your name, email address, your partner’s name and any other relevant details of your wedding plans||Performance of a contract and legitimate interest to allow us to understand our customers better, to ensure that our offerings are updated and relevant and to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy|
Where we have a legal basis to use your personal data without consent (as we have described above), this privacy statement fulfils our duty to process personal data fairly and lawfully and in a manner that you would expect given the nature of our relationship with you, by giving you appropriate notice and explanation of the way in which your personal data will be used.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data as described above, we will request your consent. Typically, we would collect your consent by you performing an action such as ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent to us (for example, by email or by you providing us with non-mandatory information), you consent to our use of that personal data as set out in this privacy statement. For example, we will only process your personal data for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so. Please see the Marketing and Your Choices section below for further information on this.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties and only share your information as described in this privacy statement.
MARKETING AND YOUR CHOICES
We will, if you have given us your consent and in line with your choices, provide you with information by email, which may be of interest to you in respect of the Artemis Group. Where you have consented to receiving our direct marketing online this means that you could be presented with our advertisements while using the Website or the services of our online partners, for example, if you have given us this consent we may run a Facebook advertisement campaign, which could include our advertisements being presented to you while you are on Facebook. We may also personalize the content that you see using analytical or profiling tools.
We will only provide you with marketing communications if you would like us to. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out whether you wish to receive marketing messages from us by ticking the relevant boxes.
PERSONAL DATA OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please email us at [email protected].
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in accordance with this privacy statement, as follows:
- within the Artemis Group.
- with any venue you enquire about, visit, make a booking for, or attend as part of a wedding.
- with any caterer you enquire about or who provide catering services at your wedding or a wedding you attend.
- with any other third-party suppliers whom you explicitly ask us to provide your personal data to for the potential or actual provision of goods and/or services at your wedding.
- with any other third-party suppliers for your wedding, or a wedding you attend, where we are providing planning, guidance and liaison services.
- with Google, Microsoft, or other email account providers (if you use your account with them to sign up / in with us), if applicable.
- service providers (for example, IT services or CRM services), business partners (for example, delivery services or booking services), suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, but also when sending out marketing communications.
- professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- with vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, carrying out research and analysis, and personalizing individual Artemis customer experiences.
- We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website.
- with government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information).
- with third parties, who acquire us or substantially all of our assets, in which case your personal data (including any sensitive personal data) will be one of the transferred assets (however, we will let you know before this happens).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you is processed and stored at, destinations within the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. To find out which countries are covered by this, please see here.
- Where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission in respect of these countries (to the extent that they are outside the EEA), which means they are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data, we will still ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection. We will therefore put in place the following measures to ensure that your personal data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with EU and UK laws on data protection:
- EU-US Privacy Shield; and/or
- EU standard contractual clauses.
If you would like to find out more about this, please contact us via email at [email protected].
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your personal data secure. Our technical and organizational procedures are designed to protect your personal data from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, computer system, or transmission of information over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access or inadvertent disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still need to keep it (please see below) or may keep it in a form that does not identify you.
If you have not agreed that we may use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will keep it for a period of 6 years after your enquiry, the date of your wedding, or last used the Website, whichever is longer.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). This right does not extend to non-personal data. Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction. You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need to your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent or performance of a contract.
- Object /change of preferences. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you have given your consent to receive updates or other marketing communications, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications going forward by contacting us using the details provided below or by clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive.
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note that if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or the provision of products or services to you, you may not be able to use the Website or receive products or services from us as you did before. This does not include your right to object to direct marketing, which can be exercised at any time without restrictions. Please allow at least 3 working days for your request to be actioned.
Please note that the rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data (or anonymized data) .
If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us using these contact details .
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user and a “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity, which are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Why we use it||Opt out information|
|Google analytics||This cookie enables us to collect statistical information about how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors and otherwise analyse user behaviour and retargeting.||GA opt out|
|Facebook pixel||For targeting.|
|VWO||To test two versions of a web page or app and compare their performance, in order to check design tweaks and improve conversion rates.||VWO opt out|
By clicking “agree” on the cookie consent box when you first access the Website and by continuing to access and use the Website you accept our use of the cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version here and change the “last updated date” (the date it applies from) at the top of the statement. You should check here regularly for the most up-to-date version of the statement. Continued use of the Website will signify that you agree to such changes, however, if we need to seek updated, additional or different consents from you, we will, of course, do so.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding our privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to: [email protected]co.uk Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.
WHO IS PART OF THE ARTEMIS GROUP
The members of the Artemis Group who could be “data controllers” in relation to your personal data are listed below. There will typically be one member of the Artemis Group to whom you have given your personal data or to whom your personal data has been given. This entity would be a “data controller” in relation to your personal data. The term “data controller” broadly means that the person who determines the purpose and means for which your data is processed. It is possible that you have given your data directly, or your data has been given, to more than one member of the Artemis Group in which case each such member could be a data controller of your data in that context.
For certain activities no member of the Artemis Group will be a data controller and the relevant Artemis Group company will act as a data processor. This applies when our client collects details of wedding guests (where he or she will act as data controller and provide that information to us to process on their behalf).
|Name||Registered Address||Registration details (applicable to EU data controllers only)|
|Artemis Venue Services Ltd||Suite 2a Rossett Business Village Llyndir Lane, Rossett, Wrexham, United Kingdom, LL12 0AR|
|Country House Wedding Venues Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ||Z8538786|
|Venue Catering and Events Ltd||Unit 14 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR2 0BS||Z9832996|
|Curradine Barns Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ|
|Curradine Holdings Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ|